Pre-painted aluminium paint compositions

/, Vestis/Pre-painted aluminium paint compositions
Vestis pre-coated aluminium paint composition

The Vestis product range is coated using a specialist polyester paint.

When it comes to pre-painted aluminium, there are four coat application methods, each comprising of four main components.

More than 90 per cent of pre-finished metals are made with liquid paint. The remaining 10 per cent use laminate film. Our range of pre-painted aluminium finishes, Vestis, from Mazzonetto Spa, uses liquid paint. Wet coatings have four main components:

  • Binders
  • Solvents
  • Pigments
  • Additives


Binders characterises different paint methods. Often pre-coated aluminium and steel will be refereed to, or classified by its binder. Binders give paint structure and there are four varieties; polyester, polyurethane, polyvinylidene fluoride (PVdF), and plastisol (PVC). Each type has its own sub-classes, where different chemical compositions create various levels of quality and durability.

Vestis is considered a polyester product. Traditionally polyester paint was believed to limit material flexibility and durability. Vestis differs from standard polyester coatings, as it sits within a sub-section, called high durability polyester paintThis specialist coating provides Vestis with a 35 micron layer finish, instead of polyester paint’s standard offering of 20-25 microns. High durability polyester paints create improved surface performance, flexibility, and exceptional UV resistance.


Solvents help paint achieve a reliable smooth film across a product’s base material, prior to curing. Solvent are added to ensure the paint will flow well onto raw metal. Without reliable paint flow, achieving a smooth, consistent finish is near impossible.


Pigments create paint colour. In addition to colouring raw metal coil, pigments also determine some physical performance properties; such as corrosion resilience. Even coated aluminium is prone to corrosion. No mater how many layers of paint are applied, the product is still metal at its core. Deterioration can occur during coil storage, and after installation. The pigment used in Vestis pre-painted aluminium provides a 40 year corrosion warranty, on applications located more than 1 km from the coast. For information on coastal warranties, please contact us to discuss your options.


Additives give pre-painted products their point of difference. These supplements can benefit production speed, UV stability, surface lustre and scratch, chemical and salt resistance.

For more information on Vestis pre-painted aluminium, visit our homepage, by clicking here. Or contact us at